It was slightly over a 12 months in the past that we introduced you phrase of a brand new watch from Audric. Product cycles being what they’re, they solid via the pandemic issues, and are actually able to introduce a brand new watch shortly – and a brand new sub-brand whereas they’re at it. This all takes form within the Iridium Torpedo.
Even when you couldn’t see the pictures, it wouldn’t be that a lot of a stretch to guess that the Iridium Torpedo is a dive watch, provided that torpedo title. And the truth that, whereas some manufacturers have gotten away from it, there’s no denying that dive watches are fairly the winner relating to microbrands going the crowdfunding route.
Given that’s our place to begin, it shouldn’t be a shock that the Iridium Torpedo incorporates a Miyota 9015 motion inside – dependable, serviceable, and quite reasonably priced. This is tucked right into a 42mm case that helps present an general thickness of 13.4mm. That’s not precisely svelte, but it surely’s additionally nowhere close to as thick as we’ve typically seen 300m divers are available at.
The Iridium Torpedo may be very a lot a vintage-inspired dive watch. You’ve received a heavily-domed sapphire crystal on prime, a bigger handset, and really hefty lumed-and-applied indices that do think of – at the least for me – the venerable Fifty Fathoms. For me, it’s this dial structure that actually sells the watch, significantly these indices. It’s giving us not a totally new look, per se, however a glance that’s simply sufficient completely different to catch the attention.
For these eager to click on “purchase”, you’ll must mood your expectations. You see, the Iridium Torpedo will not be but obtainable for order. They are planning to launch it for crowdfunding subsequent month at earlybird pricing of $399. For extra particulars on the watch, and to get signed as much as be notified when it launches, head on over to iridiumwatches.com
- Case: 42 mm * 50 mm 316L Stainless Steel case.
- Movement: Miyota 9015 motion.
- Case Thickness: 13.4 mm.
- Water Resistance: 300 m (1000ft) / 30 ATM.
- Lug width: 22 mm.
- Crown: Screw-down crown with IRIDIUM emblem stuffed with BGW9.
- Bezel: 120 Clicks Steel rotating unidirectional bezel with BGW9.
- Dial: Sunburst dial with Swiss Superluminova BGW9.
- Hands: Hands stuffed with Swiss Superluminova BGW9.
- Lens: Double dome sapphire crystal with Anti Reflective coating.
- Bracelet: 316L Stainless Steel with diver clasp and screws for simple sizing.
- Caseback: Screw-down with reverse engraved specs with Torpedo emblem.
- Anti-Scratch Coating.
- Weight is 165 grams.