It was about this time two years in the past once we went hands-on with the unique Nodus Avalon (you may examine that right here). Two years will be an eternity within the watch world, and now they’ve come again with a more moderen model of the watch, the aptly-named Nodus Avalon II.
The absolutely CNC-milled case of the Nodus Avalon II appears to be like very like the unique, although it appears to be like to be a contact slimmer, whereas nonetheless sustaining the 300m WR score. The handset appears to be like the identical as properly; the dial is the place you’ll discover the largest change.
As you may see from that picture above, the Nodus Avalon II encompasses a waffle sample on it, the place the unique had a easy/flat dial. The indices listed here are modified round a bit as properly. Still utilized, however we’ve obtained barely totally different shapes at play right here, stuffed with SuperLuminova T-C1 X1 lume to gentle up the night time.
The different huge change for the Nodus Avalon II is discovered within the bracelet. They’ve been engaged on this for the previous two years, and now they’re able to introduce this new H-link bracelet. Specifically, they labored on constructing a dependable and cozy extension clasp. How comfy is it? Well, we’ve not seen it but, but when we get a loaner in, we’ll inform you all about it.
The Nodus Avalon II was launched just some days in the past, and the launch order interval remains to be working. Prices have risen slightly over the unique, however it’s nonetheless not dangerous for a microbrand diver as well-designed as this one. For $700, you may place your order and have one shipped to your door. Check it out, and get your order in, over at noduswatches.com
Tech Specs from Nodus
- Case: 316L surgical-grade stainless-steel
- Bracelet: 316L metal | Solid H-Links | Custom Clasp
- Dimensions: 41.5mm bezel width | 43.5mm case width | 12.5mm thickness | 48mm lug-to-lug | 20mm lug width
- Movement: Miyota 9015 automated motion | Made in Japan | Regulated in 4 positions (+/- 8 secs/day)
- Crystal: Double-dome sapphire crystal | Blue AR on underside
- Bezel: Glossy ceramic insert (absolutely lumed)
- Luminescence: Swiss Super-LumiNova® T-C1 Grade X1
- Water Resistance: 300 meters / 1000 toes
- Price: $700USD ($600 USD early-bird promotion till March seventh)