To be completely clear, that isn’t the identify Grand Seiko has given the watch – as an alternative, they like to name it the Grand Seiko SLGH005. While I love the artistry and whole dedication to very good ending of their watches, GS doesn’t give close to as a lot like to naming them. Hence, me calling it the White Birch.
Then once more, that identify comes immediately from the inspiration for the dial of the Grand Seiko “White Birch”. That can be the slender white birch timber that develop across the studio the place GS does it’s magic. For me, the birch tree has a particular spot in my reminiscence as we had just a few within the first home I bear in mind rising up in. Additionally, it’s one fashion of tree that I’ve not labored up the center to strive portray (irrespective of what number of occasions I’ve seen Bob Ross do it).
Rather than go together with a super-stark white-and-black sample within the dial, the Grand Seiko “White Birch” does it through a refined texturing, one thing that appears akin to a kind of angular hammered end. On one hand, the monochromatic look may really feel plain, however I’ve a sense that this – together with these polished indices – dial goes to be a enjoyable one to simply take a look at in varied lighting situations.
Surrounding that dial you’ve obtained the case with the very good – and alternating – ending that the model is thought for. Tucked into the case – and visual via an exhibition caseback – is the Caliber 9SA5, which among the many many different technical marvels, offers you an 80-hour energy reserve. in addition to being a high-beat motion.
The Grand Seiko “White Birch” isn’t fairly obtainable but, however must be coming subsequent month (March 2021) on the normal locations – the Grand Seiko Boutiques and a handful of different authorized shops. That’s high-quality, although, as that’ll provide you with a while to make sure you’ve obtained the $9,100 collectively that this slice of forest will run you. grand-seiko.com
Tech Specs from Grand Seiko
- Mechanical Hi-Beat 36000 80 Hours Caliber 9SA5
- Driving system: Automatic
- Vibrations: 36,000 vibrations per hour (10 beats per second) Accuracy (imply day by day price):+5 to -3 seconds per day
- Power reserve: 80 hours Number of jewels: 47
- Stainless metal case and bracelet
- Box formed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating See-through screw case again
- Water resistance: 10 bar
- Magnetic resistance: 4,800 A/m
- Diameter: 40.0mm, Thickness: 11.7mm
- Three-fold clasp with push button launch
- Approximate really useful retail worth in USD: $9,100.