At first look, it’s possible you’ll not discover an entire lot that completely different concerning the recently-announced Panerai Platinumtech Luminor Marina. So, what do you suppose – is it only a new dial shade? Something with the strap? No, associates, the reply is hiding within the identify.
Rather than counting on stainless-steel for the case, the Panerai Platinumtech Luminor Marina is counting on platinum. Some method or one other, they’ve managed to harden the alloy that they used, leading to a really robust – and extremely polished – case, bezel, and crown-locking mechanism. So, why play with this steel now? The Luminor line simply celebrated its seventieth anniversary, in order that’s why.
To proceed pulling on that 70 theme, solely 70 items of the Panerai Platinumtech Luminor Marina will likely be made. On prime of that, the watch carries one thing I’ve not seen earlier than – a 70 12 months assure. More than a guaranty, it’s really overlaying upkeep and servicing to maintain the watch operating for the subsequent 70 years. Just so that you don’t overlook, it’s really proven on the caseback as nicely.
Which, whenever you’re dropping $36,900 on a watch, it’s good to know that you just don’t have to fret concerning the upkeep. Particularly when it’s a watch that you just’ll very nicely be passing on all the way down to your youngsters. While we are inclined to have a good time stainless-steel because the journeyman materials for watches, the usage of platinum right here permits luxurious to cover – fairly actually – in plain sight. panerai.com
Tech Specs from Panerai
- MOVEMENT: Mechanical automated, Caliber P.9010, 133?4 lignes, 6mm thick, 200 elements, 31 jewels, 28,800 vibrations / hour, GlucydurTM stability wheel, IncablocTM shockproof machine, two barrels. Made solely by Panerai.
- FUNCTIONS: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date.
- POWER RESERVE: Three days.
- Polished Platinumtech, diameter 44mm, thickness 13.4mm.
- Polished Platinumtech bezel.
- Safety Lock crown safety machine (protected by trademark), lever and crown in brushed Platinumtech.
- Sapphire crystal.
- Twelve-sided screwed caseback in brushed Platinumtech, sapphire crystal porthole with the “70 Years Warranty” brand utilized by a metallization course of.
- Olive inexperienced with satiné soleil ornament, sandwich construction, with Arabic numerals and indexes in beige Super-LumiNovaTM with inexperienced luminescence.
- Seconds at 9 o’clock, date at 3 o’clock.
- Panerai brand.
- STRAP: Alligator leather-based in darkish brown with ecru stitching, with brushed Platinumtech trapezoidal pin buckle. Additional strap chosen on the request of the shopper on the time of buy within the boutique.
- WATER RESISTANCE: 5 bar (~50 meters).