When I consider Rado, I consider ceramic. They’ve been making some beautiful items out of that high-tech materials, however their creations have largely been in a dressier, or extra refined, appear and feel. In basic, I’m tremendous with that, however they’ve not too long ago expanded the fabric into one thing that’s positively extra sporty – the Rado Captain Cook.
Have no worry – this new model of the Rado Captain Cook continues to be very a lot a dive watch. It retains its 300m WR ranking, you’ve bought a timing bezel with lumed insert, and a screw-down crown. And actually, to take a look at the watch, you wouldn’t know this as something aside from a chrome steel sport watch. As I found in my final Rado evaluation, it could seem like metal, nevertheless it feels a lot, a lot totally different. There’s a silkiness to it that’s simply onerous to explain.
Along with using ceramic on the case and bracelet, this Rado Captain Cook additionally leverages a smoked sapphire crystal for it’s dial. In my expertise with this on different watches, it accomplishes just a few issues. First off, you get indices that seem to drift a bit, which is a neat impact. It additionally permits you to see the motion, however solely if you wish to. Look down at a fast look, and your eyes gained’t register what you possibly can see by way of to – it’ll choose up the intense fingers and indices, and also you’ll get the time and be in your manner.
For this new launch of the Rado Captain Cook, there are 4 totally different variations being launched (and sure, the blue is my favourite of the bunch):
- Black with rose gold accents (R32127162): $ 3,700
- Silver with blue bezel (R32128202): $ 3,800
- Black with silver accents (R32127152): $ 3,600
- Black with silver accents on rubber strap (R32127156): $3,300
We’re working with the model to get a loaner in of this new releaser. In the meantime, to take a look at extra particulars, and maybe order your personal, head on over to rado.com.
Tech Specs from Rado
- Rado calibre R734, automated, skeletonised , 25 jewels, 3 fingers, 80 hours energy reserve, antimagnetic
- NivachronTM hairspring, exceeds commonplace take a look at necessities from 3 to five positions for increased accuracy
- Black high-tech ceramic case, monobloc building
- Rose gold colored PVD coated chrome steel turning bezel with a cultured black high-tech ceramic insert with engraved white lacquered numbers and markers, triangle in white Super-LumiNova®
- Circular brushed, black PVD coated titanium case again with a black tinted sapphire crystal
- Polished rose gold colored PVD coated chrome steel screw-down crown box-shaped sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on each side waterproof to 30 bar (300m)
- Black tinted sapphire crystal
- Applied indexes with white Super-LumiNova®
- Rose gold colored PVD coated transferring anchor image with artificial ruby plate rose gold colored printed Rado and Captain Cook logos
- Hands: rose gold colored with white Super-LumiNova®
- Matt black high-tech ceramic outer hyperlinks
- Polished black high-tech ceramic center hyperlinks
- Titanium 3-fold clasp with black high-tech ceramic openers
- Dimensions: 43.0 x 49.8 x 14.6 (WxLxH in mm)
Thank you for studying this WristWatchReview submit. With so many issues competing for everybody’s consideration as of late, we actually respect you giving us your time. We work onerous daily to place high quality content material on the market for our neighborhood.
WristWatchReview is among the few remaining actually unbiased watch information retailers. We don’t have a large company behind us, and we rely closely on our neighborhood to help us, in an age when advertisers are more and more bored with sponsoring small, unbiased watch websites — particularly a website like ours that’s unwilling to tug punches in its reporting and evaluation. We do not play the video games the opposite websites play and we have paid for it relating to advert income.
We would love so that you can help us on Patreon and each little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team