When it involves mashups, there are some that you just’re simply stunned by. I imply, we’re used to dive watches from the 60s with wild colours, and we’re used to a GMT complication exhibiting up in a diver. But smashing these two up? I didn’t have that on my bingo card, however that’s what we’ve received happening with the Mido Ocean Star Decompression Worldtimer Special Edition.
The Mido Ocean Star Decompression Worldtimer Special Edition, in fact, attracts inspiration from the Mido Ocean Star Skin Diver, which used a multicolor show on the dial to let you realize decompression occasions when arising from a dive. For this, then, we’ve received one other ring added across the exterior fringe of the dial, and that’s the 24-hour scale that the crimson GMT hand factors to.
So, not solely are you able to monitor your self arising from a dive, you possibly can examine what the time is in UTC – and in case you fiddle with the bezel, then you possibly can see the time in any metropolis all over the world. Well, perhaps don’t try this on a dive, as then you definitely’ll be messing along with your decompression phases. So, although the features are mixed within the watch, let’s function them seperately.
Though, if you wish to throw warning to the wind, effectively, that’s your name. It’s additionally your name in case you’d just like the Mido Ocean Star Decompression Worldtimer Special Edition with both a blue or black dial. You’ll get a color-matched rubber strap, in addition to a metal Milanese mesh strap. You’ll discover them accessible 1,270 CHF (approx $1,400) instantly from midowatches.com
Tech Specs from Mido
- Movement: Mido computerized calibre 80 (ETA C07.661 base), 11½’’’, Ø 25.60 mm, thickness: 5.86 mm, 25 jewels, 21,600 Vib/h, Nivachron™ balance-spring. Finely adorned elaborate motion, oscillating weight adorned with Côtes de Genève and Mido emblem. HMSD + 24-hour GMT features. Adjusted in three totally different positions for the best precision. Power reserve of as much as 80 hours.
- Case: Polished stainless-steel, bi-directional rotating bezel with blue/black aluminium ring and silver markings, pure color Super-LumiNova® dot at 12 o’clock, diameter 40.5 mm, 2-part, glassbox-style sapphire crystal, screw-down crown and screw-down case again with polished starfish in aid and serial quantity, water-proof as much as a stress of 20 bar (200 m/660 ft). Lug-to-lug size 46.99 mm.
- Textured darkish blue/semi-glossy black rubber strap, polished pin buckle with engraved Mido emblem.
- Additional stainless-steel polished Milanese mesh strap and sliding clasp that provides an optimum and safe adjustment mode.
- Blue, with utilized, polished indices highlighted with pure color Super-LumiNova®, date window at 3 o’clock. Polished unique Mido applique emblem. Decompression scale represented by 4 colored circles (yellow, inexperienced, pink and blue).
- Black, with polished applique indices highlighted with pure color Super-LumiNova®, date window at 3 o’clock. Polished unique Mido applique emblem. Decompression scale represented by 4 colored circles (in graduated colors from yellow to orange).
- Hands: Flat diamond-cut hour and minutes highlighted with pure color Super-LumiNova®. Flat diamond-cut giant seconds. Varnished crimson hand for the second time zone, highlighted with pure color Super-Luminova®.