No, no, it’s not the twentieth anniversary of Mido Watches. Rather, this 12 months marks 20 years since they launched their “Inspired by Architecture” watches. Which means, to be completely truthful, the title of this watch is the Mido Ocean Star Inspired by Architecture twentieth Anniversary Limited Edition. Doesn’t fairly roll off the tongue, so we’re sticking with Mido Ocean Star twentieth Anniversary for this text.
The huge query, then, is what piece of structure is that this watch honoring? It’s the Europa Point Lighthouse, discovered within the Straight of Gibraltar. How do you seize a lighthouse in a watch? Well, for one, you engrave the lighthouse within the caseback, in addition to a medallion that’s within the presentation field.
A bit extra subtly, the Mido Ocean Star twentieth Anniversary works with coloration. The dial, bezel, and strap are all executed in blue (kind of just like the Ocean Star GMT we reviewed) calling to thoughts the waters. The 12 o’clock indice is essentially the most intelligent, executed in crimson and white actually evoking the lighthouse. Red additionally pops up on the seconds hand, and the stitching of the strap.
Past these touches, that is very a lot the Mido Ocean Star 80, by way of and thru. This means it has the elegant Caliber 80 motion inside with it’s 80-hour energy reserve, and a clear and legible dial that offers you the day and date, together with the time, all wrapped in a 200m WR-rated case.
For this launch, 1,841 items of the Mido Ocean Star twentieth Anniversary are being supplied (the lighthouse was in-built 1841) at a pre-order worth of CHF 1,070 (roughly $1,115), a couple of 10% premium over the non-limited version Ocean Star. Check out the LE (in addition to the opposite fashions within the line) over at midowatches.com
Tech Specs from Mido
- Movement: Automatic Mido Caliber 80 (ETA C07.621 base), 11½’’’, Ø25.60 mm, peak: 5.22 mm, 25 jewels, 21,600 vph. Finely embellished Elaboré-grade motion, oscillating weight embellished with Geneva stripes and the Mido emblem. Functions: HMSD + day. Adjusted in 3 totally different positions for top accuracy. Up to 80 hours of energy reserve.
- Case: Satin-finished and polished chrome steel, unidirectional rotating bezel with blue aluminium ring and silver-coloured markings, white Super-LumiNova® dot at 12 o’clock, Ø42.5 mm, 2 items, sapphire crystal with an anti-reflective remedy on each side, screwed case again and crown. Case again embellished with the Europa Point lighthouse. Limited version xxxx/1841, waterproof as much as a strain of 20 bar (200 m/660 ft).
- Strap: Blue material with rolled edges and crimson stitching, pin buckle in satin-finished and polished chrome steel.
- Dial: Blue, ‘Velvet’ end, polished utilized indexes with white Super-LumiNova®, day and date at 3 o’clock.
- Hands: Diamond-cut hour and minute arms with central grooves and white Super-LumiNova®, seconds hand with crimson varnished tip and white Super-LumiNova®.