When you’re searching for a watch that’s going to be nice for banging round exterior in the summertime, it’s arduous to go fallacious with a G-Shock. They’re constructed for standing as much as abuse with their carbon core guard construct, they usually’ll take about something you may throw at them. Their most up-to-date launch – the G-Shock GA-B2100 – slims issues down and pays homage to an unique from their catalog.
First, let’s speak the slim-down. The G-Shock GA-B2100 continues to be a big watch, at 48.5mm, however they’ve thinned the case out so it stands at just below 12mm thick. This ought to make the watch much more wearable, in addition to making it not really feel like a puck in your wrist. For all of that, they nonetheless managed to get photo voltaic charging inbuilt (additionally nice for summer time) and a Bluetooth radio so you may get it setup and synced along with your cellphone.
Now, what in regards to the historical past? That’s within the colours used for the G-Shock GA-B2100 – these hearken again to the colours used within the G-Shock 5600 sequence, so it’s a decent little nod to the previous. Pulling it to the longer term, you’ll discover the octagonal bezel on the case that was made so in style within the “Casioak” watches.
In phrases of the general performance, the G-Shock GA-B2100 provides a complete suite of issues. The photo voltaic charging is a good factor for a watch that may simply run and run, and the Bluetooth linking is one other good add. With that, in your cellphone you’re capable of set a bunch of various issues to trace. Want to recollect when and the place it was you noticed that basically cool rock? An extended press on the watch will get that logged, after which the app could have that data for you.
Functionality and light-weight toughness make the G-Shock GA-B2100 a strong summertime possibility, and on the pricing of $150 it’s one which received’t break the financial institution. And certain, whereas it’s bought Bluetooth, it’s not attempting to be a smartwatch, it’s simply extending the performance of the watch in some very good methods. These ought to be out there quickly, and you’ll test them out over at casio.com.
Tech Specs from Casio
- Case dimension (L× W× H): 48.5 × 45.4 × 11.9 mm
- Weight: 52 g
- Case / bezel materials: Carbon / Resin?
- Band: Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Carbon Core Guard construction
- Water resistance: 200-meter water resistance
- Crystal: mineral glass
- Lume: Neobrite
- 20-bar water resistance
- Tough Solar (photo voltaic powered)
- Smartphone Link
- Hand shift function
- 1/100-second stopwatch
- Countdown timer
- 5 every day alarms
- Double LED mild (Super Illuminator)
- Functionality by way of the Casio app
- Time & Place log: Pressing a button on the watch information the present date, time and place on a map. Useful as an exercise log.
- Reminder setting: The watch will remind you of as much as 5 upcoming occasions, which you set throughout the app.
- Automatic time adjustment (4 instances a day)
- World time for over 300 cities
- Home time/world time switching
- Timer/alarm setting
- Phone finder