The Commander line from Mido is in no way a brand new line, however their newest launch in it is rather positively an eye-catcher. Far from simply it being the dial coloration, one thing in regards to the proportions of the Mido Commander Icône really feel concurrently spacious and well-proportioned.
Now, first issues first – the Mido Commander Icône is sporting a 42mm case. A contact bigger than we’ve been liking as of late, nevertheless it’s in no way a huge watch. Here, the built-in “lugless” design ought to assist the watch Jedi Mind Trick it’s manner into showing smaller, when you get the benefit of that huge, spacious dial.
Then once more, that dial on the Mido Commander Icône is notable, because it’s one of many solely (if not the one, as long as my reminiscence serves) olive inexperienced dial within the Mido lineup. Sure, I like a great blue dial, however inexperienced is an effective change of tempo, notably for those who like becoming your watch to the season of the 12 months. That chapter ring goes as much as the sapphire crystal, and enhances the look of the watch being all dial, which is additional supported by that slim polished bezel.
Tucked contained in the Mido Commander Icône, and caring for the time and day/date issues is the Mido Caliber 80. This, as we all know by know, means you get a formidable 80-hour energy reserve. In this case, the motion additionally carries a COSC score, making certain the accuracy of this silicon stability spring motion.
Finally, relatively than being paired to a milanese (aka mesh) bracelet, the Mido Commander Icône has a strong hyperlink maintaining issues sturdily in your wrist. If you need to choose considered one of these up to your spring and summer time way of living, they’re accessible now for $1,240 direct from midowatches.com
Tech Specs from Mido
- Automatic Mido Caliber 80 Si (ETA C07.821 base), COSC-certified chronometer, 11½’’’, Ø25.60 mm, top: 5.22 mm, 25 jewels, 21,600 vph, silicon balance-spring, ornamental disc with Si brand on the stability bridge. Finely embellished chronometer motion with blued screws, oscillating weight embellished with Geneva stripes and Mido brand. Functions: HMSD+Day. Adjusted in 5 totally different positions for top accuracy. Up to 80 hours of energy reserve.
- Satin-finished chrome steel, Ø42 mm, 3 items, faceted and domed sapphire crystal, screwed clear case again revealing the finely embellished chronometer motion, water resistant as much as a strain of 5 bar (50 m / 165 ft).
- Stainless metal, satin-finished built-in strap.
- Olive Green, sunray satin-finished, polished utilized indexes with white Super-LumiNova®, day and date at 3 o’clock.
- Flat diamond-cut hour and minute palms with white Super-LumiNova® for straightforward readability at night time, flat diamond-cut seconds hand.