NOVE makes what is sort of presumably the thinnest dive watch recognized to man, for some definitions of “dive watch”.
Let me clarify.
What is a Dive Watch
A dive watch has to do a couple of issues:
- have a rotating bezel to time minutes beneath water (so that you don’t run out of oxygen!)
- have a second hand so that you might be positive the watch remains to be functioning
- be water resistant to a selected depth
- be luminous so you’ll be able to see the time at depth.
- have a screw-down crown for water-resistance. (It’s attainable to get 100m with out this, however 200m virtually all the time requires it.)
Why would you need this?
It’s no nice secret that watches have remodeled from instruments to jewellery over time. No one is diving with out a dive pc. If there’s a dive watch in any respect, it’s a backup to the fashionable dive pc.
This is as a result of, whereas the watch is gorgeous, security is extra necessary than magnificence.
NOVE as a substitute makes a revolutionary rotating bezel with 3 springs, sawtooth ratchets, and to be able to make it slim, exposes that to the world. It’s implausible.
The second hand and lume aren’t anyplace to be discovered on the dial. Instead, hour markers are utilized indices, little steel domed dots. To be clear, the palms are lumed.
The crown, like most dive watches, is a screw-down selection to extend water-tightness.
Is it a diver? Not precisely, nevertheless it’s not improper, both.
What NOVE guarantees
NOVE would let you know that is the slimmest 200mm dive watch ever. And that’s true – at 6.8mm skinny, it’s splendidly slim.
It’s additionally fairly giant round. At 46mm, be ready for it to draw consideration.
NOVE makes the Trident assortment stand out. Whether it’s a gold case and bracelet with a black crown, or blue case and bracelet with a gold crown, it’s virtually inconceivable to get a watch that’s made from all the identical colours.
The exception is, for those who wished one in every of black with a grey dial. Then, you’ll be able to have uniform colours. Everything else is a combination.
How does this differ from different NOVE merchandise?
There’s a brand new NOVE Trident automated, utilizing the Ronda R150 motion. It’s one of many first watches we’ve seen use this new motion, and it’s good to see.
The new Trident automated is 13mm thick over all, an enormous progress from the 6.8mm skinny the quartz mannequin offers.
Other NOVE watches are distinctive in case and bracelet design, however none fairly seize the eye the best way NOVE’s Trident bezel does.
The worth proposition
Right now, NOVE quartz Trident watches are discounted from round $500 to as little as $350. For your $350, you get a novel watch with a particular bezel. Yes, it’s quartz. And you get a 6 12 months battery life as a result of it’s unashamedly quartz.
The seen bezel springs are lovely. The simple to show bezel has virtually no backplay, which is rare. You normally get simple to show with backplay, or laborious to show with no backplay. This is good.
The bracelet is exclusive. The crown is a design all its personal, that’s a lot grippy for the necessity. Even although the watch is as huge as a dinner plate, it wears comfortably as a result of it’s so skinny. To purchase one, try nove.com.
- Brand & Model: NOVE Trident E008-02
- Price: Normally, $500, at present $350 USD
- Who we expect it could be for: You like desire a dive watch, but additionally need to look baller.
- Would I purchase one for myself based mostly on what I’ve seen?: I just like the E009-02 and E010-02 – they’re blue with silver crown and blue bezel with silver numerals, or blue with black crown and again bezel. I’d even have purchased E001-02, a silver with gold crown and gold bezel springs mannequin.
- If I may make one design suggestion, it will be: I wished the seconds hand (accessible on the automated mannequin) and lume on the dial.
- What spoke to me essentially the most about this watch: The seen bezel springs are lovely. The simple to show bezel has virtually no backplay, which is rare.
Tech Specs from NOVE
- Case measurement: 46mm
- Height: 6.8mm
- Case materials: Stainless Steel
- Crystal: sapphire
- Strap: Stainless Steel bracelet
- Movement: Swiss Quartz Ronda 1062