Across the vary of Tag Heuer watches, I’ve felt essentially the most drawn to the Aquaracer line. It’s obtained that traditional diver look with simply sufficient to make it stand out, be identifiably Tag, and stand out from the opposite large manufacturers. Then we come to one thing solar-powered, and also you really have my curiosity. Meet the Tag Heuer Aquaracer Professional 200 Solargraph.
Now, certain, we’re large followers of mechanical actions. After you’ve gotten a number of, although, you need one thing totally different within the motion class. And for me, a photo voltaic motion is the final word in an outdoor watch (be it mountaineering, tenting, or simply doing yard work), and I feel everybody ought to have no less than one. Why? Well, two minutes within the solar powers it for the day, and 20 hours of daylight could have it run for six months (with no additional charging wanted in that point). Basically, it’s all the time able to go, and also you’re not worrying a few battery dying or the motion unwinding when you’re out and about. This motion additionally nets you a 5-year guarantee, which suggests Tag is standing behind it.
For me, the motion is the large story in regards to the Tag Heuer Aquaracer Professional 200 Solargraph. However, the case that wraps round it’s simply as tasty – 40mm and product of a sandblasted titanium (giving it a rougher texture), with a titanium timing bezel accomplished up the identical manner. Paired with a titanium bracelet and a black dial, you’re prepared for something.
One different factor I wish to level out is the luminous paint they’ve used right here. While a lot of the issues are accomplished up in long-lasting inexperienced, the minute hand is finished in a blue, serving to it stand out extra as you’re timing issues in dimmer situations. In different phrases, the Tag Heuer Aquaracer Professional 200 Solargraph has plenty of highlights within the “plusses” column for me. Then once more, at $3,050, it’s not prone to find yourself in my watch field anytime quickly. Still, maybe someday. Check out the small print over at tagheuer.com.
Tech Specs from Tag Heuer
- Reference: WBP1180.BF0000
- Movement: TH50-00
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- Black Sunray brushed dial
- Black utilized indexes with white Super-LumiNova® Black hour hand with white Super-LumiNova®
- Black minute hand with Super-LumiNova®
- Polar blue lacquered central hand with Super-LumiNova® Rhodium plated TAG HEUER sticker brand
- 3 o’clock angled date
- AQUARACER SOLARGRAPH 200 M / 660 FT printer
- 40 mm diameter
- Titanium grade 2 sand blasted case
- Titanium grade 2 sand blasted 60-minute scale unidirectional turning bezel Flat sapphire crystal with double anti-reflective remedy
- Steel screw-down crown at 3 o’clock
- Sand blasted titanium grade 2 screwed case again
- Water resistance : 200 meters
- Sand blasted titanium grade 2 bracelet
- Titanium grade 2 folding clasp with double security push-buttons with consolation hyperlink extension; TAG Heuer protect
- Availability: February 2023