For years, we mentioned the most effective all-around watch is a Seiko, both the SKX007 or the Orange Monster. They’re legends, and nice watches for the whole lot from every day put on to rugged use. The introduction of a GMT motion to the lineup makes it prepared for all of the adventures you’re about to take.
What makes an SKX model watch so good? It’s the mixture of some issues:
- the value, at below $500.
- A reliable motion that’s extraordinarily dependable.
- snug put on, because of the brief 46mm lug to lug distance.
- the always-excellent Seiko lume on the dial and fingers.
Why do you want a GMT?
Traveling is part of life. Sure, you possibly can stroll off a aircraft and energy in your cell phone, look ahead to it to start out and purchase time from a neighborhood cell tower. What if you wish to know 3 time zones directly, and wish it to work no matter cell sign or battery energy?
You want a GMT watch. The Seiko SSK is the proper reply. It follows the standard components for GMT, supplying you with date, 24 hour rotating bezel for a third time zone, and the 24 hour hand. The method it really works is, set the hour and minutes to your native time, and whenever you land, set the 24 h to your new time zone. For a 3rd time zone, alter the rotating bezel in order that the 24h factors to the variety of the brand new time zone.
What makes it particular?
The SKX is a traditional form. Even as Seiko has eradicated the SKX mannequin, they nonetheless use the time period for the general model of watch, as a result of it’s so beloved. The GMT actions of the previous have largely been reserved for dearer watches, both in Seiko’s personal Presage line, or in Swiss watches with Sellita or ETA actions. Bringing the 4R34 to the Seiko 5 line means everybody can have GMT watches.
Grab your hat, your coat, and your watch– it’s time for an journey. The Seiko SSK in its SKX-style case is offered in orange, blue, or black dial, on a jubilee model bracelet. It’s an incredible look ahead to the seaside, the mountains, or wherever your adventures take you. The SSK is now accessible for $475 USD from seikowatches.com
Technical specs from Seiko:
- Automatic GMT with handbook winding functionality
- 21,600 vibrations per hour
- Power reserve: roughly 41 hours
- 24 jewels
- Caliber 4R34
- Blue and black 24-hour GMT bezel
- Blue dial
- Magnified date calendar
- Luminous fingers and markers
- Large GMT hand for improved visibility and legibility
- Screwdown see-through caseback
- Case diameter: 42.5mm
- Stainless metal case and stylized five-row bracelet
- Tri-fold push button launch clasp with lock
- Water-resistant to 10 bar, 100 meters (330 toes)