There aren’t any finish of intelligent hashtags on social media, it appears. Some I’m conscious of (and even have participated in), however one I used to be not conscious of was #FliegerFriday. Well, it’s no shock it’s there – however what’s a suprise is Tutima launching a watch particularly for that hashtag – the restricted version Tutima Flieger Friday Chronograph.
When you consider a pilot’s chronograph, you consider one thing that’s, effectively, massively outsized. Surprisingly, that’s not the case right here in any respect with the Tutima Flieger Friday Chronograph. It’s a comparatively diminutive 38.5mm diameter, although it does are available at dive-watch thickness of 15.5mm. Still, that’s what it takes to suit that changed ETA Valjoux 7760 motion in there (also referred to as a Caliber 39) – the exact same motion the model used again in 1939. Through the Nineteen Forties, they made roughly 30,000 of the watch, after which there was a re-issue within the Nineties.
And then, right here we’re once more on this 12 months that we’ll always remember, good previous 2020. It was time for an additional re-issue, and that brings us to the Tutima Flieger Friday Chronograph. Only 25 of those vintage-look beauties will probably be made (in every colorway), netting a wholesome $3,450. I don’t fairly get the attraction of an exhibition caseback on a manually wound motion, however I suppose it’ll lend itself to some good social media pictures. If you decide one up in your personal #FliegerFriday, simply keep in mind to tag us in your pictures. tutima.com
Tech Specs from Tutima
- Flieger Friday Chronograph Limited-Edition
- Case: 38.5 mm x 15.5 mm in metal
- Lug width: 20 mm
- Lug-to-lug width: 46 mm
- Bezel: Steel, fluted, bi-directional
- Movement: Hand wound ETA Valjoux 7760 modified by Tutima, 28,800 VPH, 48 hour energy reserve, gold plated bridge and Tutima engraving
- Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, central chronograph seconds
- Water Resistance: 100 meters
- Strap: Vintage pilot leather-based strap
- Engravings: Individual serial and restricted version quantity
- Price: 2,900 EUR/3,450 USD