As struggle continues on in Ukraine, so do efforts to boost funds to assist out these there defending their nation, and people who have needed to flee. One of the most recent is a one-of-a-kind dial on the GoS Norrsken. That this watch hails from Sweden is all of the extra becoming, because it appears Sweden (together with Finland) are transferring nearer to membership in NATO.
Now, in the event you’re considering this watch seems acquainted, you’d be right – we’ve written in regards to the GoS Norrsken (aka Northern Lights) earlier than, which you’ll be able to see right here. This one, then, needed to be one thing particular. The first particular factor right here is that there’s a distinctive Sunflowerman artwork piece that goes together with this watch (which we’ve pictured above). He makes wonderful stuff, and I really feel lucky to have an unique right here in my house. So, the winner of this public sale will get one thing fairly particular.
This one-of-a-kind GoS Norrsken additionally has a really distinctive dial – the blue and yellow that we will all acknowledge because the flag of Ukraine. It makes for a reasonably distinctive watch, one which not solely helps increase funds for the Red Cross of Ukraine, but in addition marks an vital time in trendy historical past on the wrist of whomever wins this lot (which is for the watch and the art work).
If you’re considering you wish to go bid on this, will probably be a part of the Sotheby’s Important Watches: Part 2 which kicks off on 27 April. There is a touchdown web page for it at Sotheby’s (seen right here), and that’s the place the bidding will start as properly. If you’re bidding, better of luck to you. Slava Ukraini! goswatches.com
Tech Specs from GoS
- Hours, Minutes Seconds
- Small second at 6h:00 within the form of the GoS triskele
- ASE200 motion by Schwarz Etienne with GoS micro-rotor in handfinished damascus metal and warmth blued to match the the dial.
- GoS triskele and “Slava Ukraini” in 4 languages engraved on click on wheel
- Separate bridge for escape wheel 21,600 vibrations/hour
- 86h energy reserve
- Stop-seconds mechanism
- 33 jewels – 199 elements 30.40mm x 5.25mm
- 41.5mm x 12.1mm (8mm at edge)
- Stainless metal with elective Black DamascusTM case ring and/or Black DamascusTM metal bezel. Sapphire crystals entrance and caseback – Front crystal domed with double sided anti-reflective coating Transparent crystal gaskets in new Swiss-developed materials
- 5ATM water resistance (50m)
- Crown with double gaskets and GoS inner impression safety.
- Silver dial with handcut guilloché by grasp Jochen Benzinger – machined and completed by Patrik Sjögren
- Hour index recesses full of midnight blue Badgerite, developed by James Thompson and Swiss SuperLuminova
- Transparent index ring in Swedish Crystal – individually handmade by grasp glass artisan Mikael Kenlind
- Solid ring of Badgerite utilized around the Crystal index ring.
- Hands: GoS viking spearhead – Rhodium plated GoS triskele small seconds hand
- Polished Salmon leather-based – black or blue/black – Made in Stockholm
- Tapered 21mm to 20mm with rounded padding
- Pin buckle in stainless damascus metal with GoS triskele brand
- Presentation field: Individually handcrafted presentation field in Swedish crystal, handmade by glass artisan Mikael Kenlind